Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Revision Post-Op Update

I made it out of my revision surgery ok. The surgery was more difficult than the neurosurgeon anticipated. I don't have hardly any fat on my back, so tunneling the wires was difficult. As a result, there was a lot of trauma to my neck and back. He admitted me into my own room in the hospital and told me to stay as long as I needed help managing my pain, but he suggested 3 nights to start. I ended up staying 4 nights and just got home today! I'm still struggling to manage my post-op pain so this will be a short post. I don't get the stim programmed until next Monday anyway, so there's not much to report other than the experience of the surgery which was leaps and bounds better than my last surgery! Until then I will put my bionic powers on hold and rest up.

As always, please feel free to send me e-mails with any questions you might have but know that it might be a week before I can respond to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment