Friday, September 2, 2011

Using My Neurostimulator

Here is a picture of the remote (or programmer) I use to control my stimulator. The paddle (or antenna) is placed over the battery pack (on the right side of my low back just above my buttocks) and I operate it with my right hand. I tuck the paddle into the waist band of my pants. With the programmer I can turn the stimulator on and off, select or change the program, increase or decrease the amplitude of the stimulation, change the balance of stimulation between the right and left leads within a program, and check the battery capacity. Here is a picture.


Below is a picture of my charging system. The box is a wireless charging system that I can plug in. When it is fully charged, it holds enough juice to charge the battery 2 1/2 times. The paddle with the wire is known as the charger antenna. I plug it into the charging system and place the paddle over my battery pack. I can charge it as much as I want, but currently I do it once a week. I usually have a little less than a 1/3 of the battery power left after a week and it takes about an hour to recharge it fully. I do it while I watch True Blood on Sundays, so it seems like less of a chore. 





No comments:

Post a Comment