Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Intro and Mission

I'm at 31-year old woman with a long history of headaches. I recently decided to undergo surgery to implant a trial occipital neurostimulator to help control my pain from occipital neuralgia, a chronic pain condition that manifests as headaches. Before the surgery, I was incredibly nervous. I found that the blogs people had kept to document their experience through the surgery were very helpful during that time. I absorbed them and in the process learned a lot about the surgery and felt my anxiety lessening.  I want to document my experience with the surgery in hopes to provide the same education and solace to other headache sufferers considering the implant.

I had the trial removed a week ago and will get the permanent implant on August 3. This blog will only document my experience, so please keep in mind that I'm not a medical authority nor do I offer medical advice. I will try my best to keep up with the blog through this process and be as candid as possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment